Enhance sustainment of the University's mission through a well-planned, long-term approach supported by wise financial stewardship.
The University’s mission documents calls on the University to “respond” to educational needs. This requires combining planning with a long-term view of the future with present actions that develop the capacity to respond. Planning helps anticipate educational needs and wise financial stewardship facilitates the opportunity to respond as educational needs are anticipated. Both provide agility which enhances the University ability to sustain its mission.
Goal IVA Enhance student success as measured by retention and graduation consistent with the University's mission and commitments.
- Develop a University-wide system for tracking and improving retention consistent with the University’s mission and commitments.
- Review and refine systems for capturing, monitoring, and measuring student success.
Goal IVB Expand experiential learning opportunities for students, contribute to program improvement, and enhance University resources through strategic partnerships.
- Assess current practice and future programmatic needs for strategic partnerships.
- Establish and implement a plan for strategic partnerships.
Goal IVC Diversify revenue sources and augment infrastructure to ensure the University's ability to sustain its mission.
- Design and implement a system for achieving identified goals for various revenue sources.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive master plan to sustain and diversify program offerings online and at all campuses.
- Implement focused, cost-effective enhancements to the infrastructure of the Main campus for development as a residential campus.
- Implement focused, cost-effective enhancements to the infrastructure of the Martinsburg campus for development as a residential campus.
Goal IVD Enhance the quality of academic programs and services through financial stewardship.
- Strengthen the relationship between the budget process and strategic planning to prioritize and allocate resources to support academic programs and services.
- Utilize benchmarks and ratios comparing MSU financially with its peers in strategic planning and decision making.