Expand the culture of engagement and collaboration among all University constituents.
The University’s mission documents describe the need to provide innovative programs that prepare learners for opportunities through education. In the future, those opportunities will be found in an increasingly global, complex and dynamic world. Innovation and preparation to respond to opportunities in this future will require skills of engagement and collaboration among all University constituents.
Goal IIIA Create an environment and framework for shared governance wherein the contribution and representation of stakeholders reflect the guiding principles of transparency, accountability, and informed decision-making.
- Create and implement a model of shared governance.
- Design and implement a tracking instrument for measuring the degree of shared governance.
Goal IIIB Engage stakeholders in communication and decision-making processes.
- Articulate structures and enhance processes for communicating and engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Formalize communication for change management and decision-making which identifies roles and responsibilities.
Goal IIIC Engage stakeholders in the strategic planning cycle.
- Educate stakeholders on the strategic planning cycle.
- Develop and implement additional mechanisms for input into strategic planning including environmental scanning and input into goals, objectives, and actions.