Enhance quality through continuous improvement of integrated and innovative processes and systems.
The University’s mission documents present the belief that knowledge can result in transformation and that learning is continuous and a lifelong process. These beliefs align with improving the quality of programs and services offered by the University through continuous improvement processes and systems. In today’s dynamic environment, as the University seeks to provide programs that meet its constituents’ educational needs, it must continually plan, implement, assess, and improve.
Goal IIA In support of the University's mission and commitments, all programs are systematically reviewed by internal and external constituents.
- Develop a University-wide Assessment Plan that is reviewed annually and evaluates current processes and systems within all schools and service departments.
- Publish a 5 year schedule for program review that encompasses all academic and non-academic programs.
- Create a process to gather feedback from internal and external constituents to improve processes and systems throughout the University.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the effectiveness of University assessment plans for programs, processes, and systems throughout the University.
- Create an internal team of experts for continuous quality improvement
Goal IIB Essential elements of information within the University and the emerging environment are collected, organized, accessible and utilized to drive key strategic decisions.
- Analyze curricular and co-curricular offerings and services through integrated environmental scanning.
- Develop a systematic needs assessment process for evaluating the feasibility of new programs, deliveries, and/or services.
- Utilize data from scanning, analysis, and assessment in University decision-making.
- Examine the integrated environmental scanning, analysis, and decision-making processes to determine if relevant and being used effectively.