Continue to develop as a learner-centered institution which supports and results in value-added learning across the University community.
The University’s mission documents place learning at the center of the institution’s purpose. Through its undergraduate and graduate programs, the University seeks to add value to the lives of its students, thereby leading to opportunities for personal and professional success. Core competencies including critical thinking, communication, and cultural competence are recognized by the University’s mission documents as foundational for all learners. The University additionally recognizes learning is a lifelong endeavor and that developing qualified and engaged faculty and staff are foundational to creating a supportive and stimulating learning environment which adds value.
Goal IA Evaluate students' proficiency and provide development opportunities which support our multiple learning modalities and diverse student population.
- Develop a comprehensive student support services structure that addresses diverse academic, physical, and social needs of all University students in all modalities.
- Improve testing capacity and capability across the University.
- Develop and implement a First Year Experience appropriate for MSU student demographics.
- Expand and develop programs for targeted underserved student populations.
Goal IB Demonstrate student achievement of the University's core competencies.
- Revise and integrate University-wide core competencies across university programming.
- Systematically audit academic resources in relation to achieving the University core competencies.
- Enhance all coursework with e-learning capability.
Goal IC Provide professional and personal development opportunities for faculty and staff that lead to enhanced service, learning opportunities, and collaborative capacity for institutional constituents.
- Institutionalize professional and personal development mechanisms for faculty and staff.
- Strengthen the personnel evaluation process with an emphasis on individual quality and professional and personal development.
- Strengthen student active participation in the learning improvement cycle.